Tuna Salad Taco - One-handed Meal

Lately my kids have been getting pretty bored with the standard pb&j (or pb&h for honey). I was watching the Dr. Oz show the other day (My guilty pleasure. Not quite sure why I like it, but I do), and the Guinness World record holder for memory recollection was on there. He could remember the order of each card in something like 55 decks of cards!!! Anyone who knows me knows that I do not remember ANYTHING, ever. I am the biggest space case. So when this dude was saying he eats memory building foods I was all ears. This recipe is inspired by his, as I cannot actually follow a recipe with out doing some major changes, I have tried, it is just not possible. 
This recipe also has the bonus of being totally possible one-handed, as most of the time one is all I have available. 
 So this is what you will need, 
-Canned tuna ( not in oil- gross)
-An avocado- this replaces the mayo, and even if you don't like avocado, 
   you should try it. It is pleasantly surprising how well it replaces the mayo
-Lemon pepper 
-Whatever veggies you have laying around, I have used tons of different kinds, even ones my kids 'hate', and       it always turns out well and my kids always eat it.
Open tuna and avocado, dump into small bowl.
Chop veggies- I used cilantro, carrots, mushrooms, and onions. I usually like to do tomatoes and yellow or red bell peppers too.
 Mix it all together, adding some lemon pepper to taste. Sometimes I like to put a bit of ceyanne but my kids are used to my hot food ways. 
 Plop the mush onto a warmed corn tortilla and fold
These two are for my kids to go have a 'picnic' on the front porch. 

I also really like to use this as a cracker dip and it makes a really good mid-day snack. 
For some reason, no matter what veggies I put in here my kids eat it. I think its because the tuna kind of softens the flavor of other things, so its a great way to get your kids used to different vegetables. Getting kids to eat a variety of foods is easier the younger they are, so start today!

Reasons you should eat this-
Avocado- Rich in vitamins A, C, and E, potassium and are loaded with the good fats. Studies have proven that avocados inhibit the growth of cancerous cells. They are great for improving bad breath, help the body to absorb nutrients, and because of all the good fats also prevent aging symptoms. The B6 in avocados may reduce nausea in pregnancy and the folate in them helps the eye and brain development in a fetus.

No comments:

Post a Comment